We commonly see children and teenagers wearing braces. And this makes sense since childhood is usually the best time to get teeth corrected with braces. Unfortunately, this has led many adults to think they are too old for braces. But let me tell you, this is not the case! There is no age limit for braces! In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients is over 21. So, the answer is no, you are not too old for braces. We routinely do orthodontic treatment for adults.
Common reasons why adults are considering orthodontic treatment
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- The Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Why should you consider orthodontic treatment?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when treatment is needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
Treatment options for adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Types of braces include:
- Clear braces
- Ceramic braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces
- Invisible braces
- Traditional metal braces
Please visit our website for more information about our orthodontic treatment for adults.
So now you know there is no age limit for orthodontic treatment. Additionally, our practice recognizes that adults and children have different needs and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments and that we take care of your needs with understanding and respect from us.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our practice to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.
Dr. Tripp Cobb
Greensboro Orthodontic Office
Randleman Orthodontic Office